Posted 02/12/2011 01:36:56
I dont see much sun
Last Active: Yesterday @ 14:05:03
Hope your all very well. I'm delighted to announce the release of our first InstantForum.NET 2012 release candidate. This will hopefully be the last update now before our final InstantForum.NET 2012 release later this month.I know many of you are keen to get your hands on this update :)
We've addressed a number of issues during the beta and we are now confident to announce this as our first stable release candidate which will be supported by us in production environments. You can go live yay.
We will be detailing any file changes between the release candidates and final release. This will hopefully make it easy for you to upgrade if you do wish to start using the release candidate today.
Unlike the BETA which was only provided with the web application folder our RC release now contains the full source code similar to InstantForum.NET 2010 depending on the license you own. Whilst we've tested extensively, now the full source code is available we would be happy to hear feedback from developers using InstantForum.NET in Visual Studio 2010.
To help you get started I've compiled some notes below...
How can I download the RC1 update?
The release candidate will only be available for download if you previously qualified for the BETA or have expressed an interest to assist with BETA testing.
Customers can download the RC1 update now from your My.InstantASP client area at http://my.instantasp.co.uk/MyLicenses.aspx
You'll need your My.InstantASP Login details to access the download.
InstantForum.NET 2012 Release Candidate Demo
If you don't want to download and try our 2012 release locally you can test drive our release candidate via our online demo a:-
You can login as an administrator using the details below…
Submitting your Feedback
As always if you have any feedback during the BETA please post here within our forums or email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org
(you can also use our contact form
We'll be developing documentation over the next couple of days to help support this release. In the meantime please refer to our BETA instructions as they still apply to the release candidate.
Updates since BETA Additions
- Added gesture support to mobile skin (swipe left & right to go back and forward)
- Added tooltips to rich text editor
- Added tooltip when you hover over topic titles to show abstract of message
- Added 5 star topic rating back in the list of topics with tooltip (thanks Cedric)
- Added loading / please wait feedback when uploading large images and attachments within the rich text editor
- Added title labels for attachments, edited by and tags information below posts (this displays much cleaner on smaller mobile screens)
- Improved rating control to increment in 0.5 steps (1, 1.5, 2.0 etc) - The rating was to sensitive and was very hard to select 5/5 stars.
- Fixed several spelling mistakes (thanks David)
- After posting you will now be redirected right to your post within the topic / forum
- Fixed inconsistencies with add to favourites / subscribe (thanks Cedric)
- Fixed several rendering & size issues within mobile skin
- Fixed issue with attachment spacing below posts
- Fixed issue if you collapsed and expanded a panel bar and the content changed the height would not update to reflect the new content height - this was troublesome on the mobile skin
- Fixed titles moving slightly on mouse over due to expand image size
- Fixed issue which prevented admins from search for members by email address
Fixed issue with last post rating in the expanded topic view
Fixed several CSS issues with Classic Skin
We've spent close to 100 hours since the BETA in early November getting InstantForum.NET ready for our first release candidate. Most of this time was spent on addressing customer feedback, testing & fine tuning to hopefully ensure this is our highest quality InstantForum.NET release to date. We hope you like it :)
Thank you to everyone who sent feedback during the BETA. Special thanks to David and Cedric for all your time and great feedback. You help us make the products great.
Please don't hesitate to post here within our forum, email me
or use our feedback form
if you have any questions or comments. I look forward to posting further news about the final release very soon. .