URL Rewriting, Friendly URL's - Missing CSS and Images

Hi,

Just installed InstantKB 2.06 on windows webserver 2008, IIS7, standalone server.

Followed the instructions for using the search engine friendly url's and URL rewriting, which appears to be working fine however none of the CSS or images are now being displayed. When I request the CSS file directly (Which is correctly referenced) I get the message:

Failed to Execute URL.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Failed to Execute URL.

Anyone have a similar issue or know how to resolve this.

Thanks

The error you're seeing can be caused if your server is configured not to respond directly to requests for files with a .css extension, which I believe in some cases is a default configuration. As for the images not showing, do ensure that all neccessary IIS permissions are set on your application and root directory (including children) as without this the images cannot be shown, this tends to be the problem in alot of cases like this, however if this is not the issue, do please feel free to open a support ticket in order to allow us to help you resolve this issue.

Kindest Regards,

James Trott
GO

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Social Logins

Select a Forum....

InstantASP Forums

Search