InstantKB Install

All,

I have InstantKB 2.0.6 Developers version and I cannot seem to get it to build at all. It's missing a ton of dependencies that should be in the solution but are not. I am using VS 2008 and SQL Server 2008. VS did do an update on the solution but I really don't think that that should have much baring on why it's not building. Any tips or pointers you can give me would be great!

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

You should be able to simply download and extract the solution into a folder, open the solution folder in 2008 and this should run, provided the web project folder (InstantKB20) is correctly shared in IIS so that the application can see it (if not, the webproject will not load.) that should be it. I've tested this for you here locally and this works first time, can I suggest you try re-downloading/re-opening, and see if that works.

If this continues, feel free to post/share a screenshot showing the errors you're receiving and I'll happily take a look when I'm next in the forum. 

Kindest Regards,

James Trott

Hi James,

I did try downloading it again and got the same errors. A few of them are as follows...

Error   9   Type 'InstantASP.InstantKB.Components.Department' is not defined.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   17   33   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   10   'SkinFileName' is not a member of 'InstantASP.InstantKB.UI.Base.SkinControl'.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   25   13   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   11   sub 'Initialize' cannot be declared 'Overrides' because it does not override a sub in a base class.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   39   33   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   12   'Business' is not a member of 'InstantKB'.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   43   32   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   13   'Enumerations' is not a member of 'InstantKB'.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   49   37   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   14   Type 'InstantASP.Common.UI.Collections.BreadCrumbItemCollection' is not defined.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   52   53   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

There were quite a few more...

Adam

adamestrada (03/02/2010)
Hi James,

I did try downloading it again and got the same errors. A few of them are as follows...

Error   9   Type 'InstantASP.InstantKB.Components.Department' is not defined.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   17   33   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   10   'SkinFileName' is not a member of 'InstantASP.InstantKB.UI.Base.SkinControl'.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   25   13   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   11   sub 'Initialize' cannot be declared 'Overrides' because it does not override a sub in a base class.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   39   33   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   12   'Business' is not a member of 'InstantKB'.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   43   32   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   13   'Enumerations' is not a member of 'InstantKB'.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   49   37   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

Error   14   Type 'InstantASP.Common.UI.Collections.BreadCrumbItemCollection' is not defined.   C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantKB206EUL\InstantASP.InstantKB\InstantASP.InstantKB.UI\Admin\AdminEditDepartment.vb   52   53   InstantASP.InstantKB.UI

There were quite a few more...

Adam

Hi Adam,

Hope your very well. Many thanks for your response. Sorry to hear of the trouble.

It looks to me like a problem within the InstantASP.InstantKB.UI project. It appears this project can't find the reference to the InstantASP.InstantKB.dll. Could i suggest the following.

Locate the InstantASP.InstantKB.UI project within the Visual Studio.NET solution explorer. Right click the project and goto "Properties" within the context menu.

From the properties panel select "References". Locate the InstantASP.InstantKB reference. Select this reference and then click the "Remove" button below the list of references. 

Once removed, click the "Add" button, then click the "Browse" tab. Brose to your InstantKB.NET installation folder and open the \bin folder. Select the InstantASP.InstantKB.dll file and click "OK".

Try to rebuild the solution. If you encounter any further problems please don't hesitate to respond, 

http://www.instantasp.co.uk/images/line.gif
Kindest Regards,

Ryan Healey

ryan@instantasp.co.uk
www.instantasp.co.uk
Blog | Community | Docs

http://www.instantasp.co.uk/core/assets/images/email/facebook.png http://www.instantasp.co.uk/core/assets/images/email/twitter.png http://www.instantasp.co.uk/core/assets/images/email/google.png http://www.instantasp.co.uk/core/assets/images/email/linkedin.png
Edited
10 Years Ago by Ryan Healey

it works? i had the same problem, but I fixed it

COHIBA
ESPLENDIDOS
| ROMEO Y JULIETA CIGARS |
COHIBA ROBUSTOS

GO

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password: