I hope everyone is well and feeling festive. I'm excited to announce InstantForum.NET 2012 final is now available for download to all existing and new customers.
You can learn what's new in this update at the link below…https://instantasp.co.uk/Products/InstantForum/WhatsNew.aspx
Customers looking to upgrade from 2010 can find upgrade guidance here…https://docs.instantasp.co.uk/Docs/InstantForum.NET-2010-5-to-2012
You can find a complete list of updates since the release candidate below...Updates since RC1
- Fixed issue with script bundling always being enabled within the Admin CP (thanks Marc)
- Fixed online button on user profile page reading "PM" - now reads "ON".
- Fixed issue with redirects after posting if you didn't have SEO URLs enabled
- Improved error handling & troubleshooting options
- Updated breadcrumb control on the default custom error page (now renders correctly)
- Fixed issue with Facebook link on user profiles going to twitter profile
- Identified and resolved issue with "Access Denied" error on Devices.dat
- Updated following email template in Emails.xml to fix some grammatical errors
- Fixed issue with queued posts not being deleted if you choose "Ban Member & Delete Posts"
- Fixed issue with spell checker and script bundling in Integrated Application PoolsIs InstantForum 2012 a free upgrade?
The InstantForum 2012 release is a free update for customers who purchased InstantForum.NET 2010 on or after August 9th 2011. If you purchased after this date you can find the 2012 download within your My.InstantASP client area at https://my.instantasp.co.uk/MyLicenses.aspx
For customers who purchased before this date who don’t' have an active support plan you'll need to purchase the 2012 upgrade. This will follow our usual pricing modal of $79 for the single web site end user license upgrade and $189 for the single web site developer license upgrade.
The 2012 update will be free to all those who assisted and provided feedback during the BETA and release candidate phases.Upgrading from InstantForum 2012 Release Candidate
If you previously downloaded and installed our 2012 release candidate you can upgrade your existing installation to the final release by replacing a number files.
We would suggest downloading our InstantForum.NET 2012 final release and copying the files listed below from the final release download to your release candidate installation. This will bring your installation up to date with the final release files.
To upgrade from RC1 to the Final release please update the following files...Updated FilesSkin Files
Thank you to Dave, Cedric, Marc, Will & Eddy for assistance and feedback during the 2012 beta and release candidate. Whilst we are very happy with this release we are never done and are already looking forward to InstantForum.NET 2012-1. Please add this forum to your favorites here within forum or follow us on twitter
or google plus
We hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
As always if we can assist with any questions please don't hesitate to email me directly on email@example.com
or use our feedback form
. We look forward to hearing from you,
We look forward to helping you succeed with our 2012 update.
firstname.lastname@example.orgBlog | Community